Monday, April 30, 2012

Johnsonville Sausage and Gruyere Quiche and Newspaper Flower Pots


Have I mentioned that I love Lucille Ball?  I think I have, but let me just say again…love her.

Source

I spent the morning dealing with a migraine.  I used to have them quite a bit from work stress and too much caffeine.  Since I used to have them a lot, I have a strategy that works decently for me.  When I feel the nausea and headache coming on I drink some water, take some ibuprofen,  lie down with a cold washcloth on my face (it has to cover my eyes) and then go to sleep for a few hours (if possible).  It seems to help.   Migraines suck and I hope I don’t have another for a very long time…meaning forever.

I’m continuing on my quest to add a few more recipes to the Johnsonville Sausage Recipe Contest.  Click here for my first entry.  I plan to submit two more recipes.  I made a Johnsonville Sausage and Gruyere Quiche yesterday. It was adapted from a Plain Chicken recipe and it was delicious.


Johnsonville Sausage and Gruyere Quiche


Ingredients
1 9-inch deep dish pie crust
6 oz Johnsonville Sausage, cooked and drained on paper towel
6 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
3 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place Johnsonville Sausage in bottom of pie crust and top with Gruyere.  In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper.  Pour over sausage and cheese.  Bake for 50 minutes, or until center is lightly brown.  Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve!




I found this craft on pinterest (click here).  The kids and I are going to plant cherry tomato seeds today and talk about recycling.  These pots are super easy to make and perfect for growing seeds.





No comments:

Post a Comment