Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012 and (Black Eyed Pea Salsa



Happy New Year!!  There’s always good and bad in every year.  I supposed the trick is what you chose to focus on, hold on to or let go.  Even with the bad in 2012, I can safely say that I’m happy and content.  I’m ready for what lies ahead in 2013, because I know ultimately the good will outweigh the bad.  However, I’m not taking in chances…best to eat some black-eyed peas.

Mississippi Caviar


Ingredients 
2 cans Bush’s black-eyed peas, drained
2 cans shoepeg corn, drained
1 can rotel
3-4 green onions, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
1 (16 oz) bottle zesty Italian dressing

Preparation 
Mix all ingredients together; serve with corn chips.  This dip gets better the longer it sits, so feel free to make it a couple days before you are ready to serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment