Monday, February 28, 2011

James Franco Get Off Your Phone and Go Get a Big Mac

Did anybody else notice how much James Franco was on his cell phone during the Oscars last night?  I love my phone and am on it way too much, but somehow I think if I were hosting the Oscars I’d take a phone break.  Mostly, because I would be engaged in some show-stopping musical numbers involving exaggerated jazz hand movements, high-tech wire acrobatic routines and expensive pyrotechnics.  Additionally, what the hell was up with Annette Bening’s hair and clapping technique? 

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about my new hammock.  The entire time I was cleaning the kitchen this morning and doing laundry I kept thinking about it.  I would look out the window and wave to it.  It’s my new best friend.  We are going to get along famously.  We’ll be like Tom and Jerry, Abbott and Costello, Fred and Ginger, Lenny and Squiggy…we’ll be forever locked together in people’s imaginations.  Spring, a book and a hammock – that is what it is all about.  That and a nice spring martini, of course. 

Put sugar on the rim of your martini glasses, fill a large martini shaker with ice and add:
5 ounces of coconut rum
2 ounces of lemon flavored vodka
2 ounces of pineapple juice
1 ounce of cranberry juice
Shake and strain into martini glasses

Checking out vintage commercials earlier, I found this gem.  Naturally, I immediately felt compelled to share.  Bet it makes James Franco get off the phone to keep going back for a Big Mac.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a YUMMY martini!!! I want a hammock too...jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is yummy! We got the hammock at amazon.com for less than $30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the hammock! i love mine but wish it were cloth and not rope. for such a big guy i still manage to find parts that will fit thru those little holes.

    ReplyDelete