Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Complete Dog Chaos


I am now on day 10 of 20 carbs or less a day.  My energy is at an amazing level, my mood is better and I’ve lost 9 pounds.  I’m pretty happy with the results, but honestly I would still cut a bitch for a biscuit or sugar cookie.  I’ve also started my part-time job (I really like it, BTW) and the temperature has gone down…that to me says Crockpot!  These are a couple of low-carb recipes I made this week.  You can carb them up, too by adding rice to the first recipes and tortilla chip to the second.  Additionally, these two recipes are easy on the pocket book.  That is if you carry a pocket book…if not than it is easy on the wallet or purse. 
Before I get to the recipes, let me tell you what just happened.  Before I started typing this, I opened the back door for the dogs.  Like I said, it is a little chilly today so the temperature was perfect to leave the door open so the dogs could come and go as they please.  Harpo (this is the dog who always gets in trouble) just came running in the house completely covered with mud.  This set off a chain reaction.  Tiffany and I were running about trying to catch Harpo while the other dogs were just running around to be a part of the chaos.  The birds also joined in by screaming and whistling.  We finally wrestled Harpo into the tub.  Now there is mud all over the bathroom and a wet dog running around rolling all over everything.  This prompted me to include some pictures from today as well as some other distinctly Harpo moments.  After the pictures, you’ll find the recipes.












Easy Crockpot Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1” pieces
1/8 tsp garlic powder
5 large tomatoes, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp dried oregano

Preparation
Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder.  Combine all ingredients and place in a Crockpot.   Cook on high for 5-7 hours.  You can serve over steamed cauliflower.

Chicken Taco Soup

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts cooked and diced or shredded
1 pkg ranch soup mix
1 pkg taco seasoning
I can of rotel
2 cans chicken broth
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream

Preparation
Place all ingredients in a crockpot.  Cook on low 4-6 hours.  Serve with handful of cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment