Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake - WTF and WOW Recipe Wednesday


I only have one WTF picture today.  The reason why is there is so much WTF going on in this picture that I didn’t want to tip the scales and put too much more than this.  I mean seriously…WTF?! 

Source

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake

Ingredients
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cups cooked brown rice (I use Uncle Ben’s 90 second rice)
¾ cup frozen corn
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or Sour Cream)
4 oz can green chilis
½ cup salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese (a bit extra for topping)
2 tablespoons cilantro (I use parsley because Cilantro tastes like soap to me) for garnish    


Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for parsley and mix thoroughly to combine.  Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl.  Season with salt and pepper if desired.  Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you like.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.  Garnish with chopped parsley (or cilantro is you like soap).


No comments:

Post a Comment