Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pictures from the Road, A Million Dollars and Old Time Household Hints

We spent the day driving back from Florida.  We paid a surprise visit to Tiff’s parents.  One of my goals, during my forced “vacation” was to spend time with family.  We did that in December with my family and now we’ve done it with Tiff’s family.  Good times all around.  One of the joys of driving long distances are the fantastic opportunities to spot ridiculous signs.  Like I’ve said before, I’m gifted in this area.  It is really almost like an expedition searching for rare frogs in the Amazon Rain Forest…only it isn’t raining, we are on a highway instead of forest and we are looking for signs instead of frogs…other than that though, the same.  It really is one of the best driving games and way less painful than that stupid slug bug game.  I have family vacation slug bug memories with my sister that are just too difficult to talk about.  If I even think about it too much, I’ll often find myself shaking in a corner assuming the fetal position.  At any rate, the picture hunt, for me, is an excitement builder not unlike a football fanatics wait for the Super Bowl.  Here are a couple of the pictures I got today.

Nothing like a warm plate a clothes to keep your stomach happy!

Clearly there is a lot going on here...I suppose when God points at your pregnant belly it is best to have a rose handy.

On another note,  holy crap this guy went on You Tube to ask for one million dollars and now he posted a video saying someone was going to give him a million dollars.  So for the record, I’m saying it in this blog…I, too, would like one million dollars. Please and thank you.


And finally, I ordered the book 1,001 Old-Time Household Hints:  Timeless Bits of Household Wisdom for Today’s Home and Garden.  The book is by the Editors of Yankee Magazine.   I figured it might be interesting for me to attempt every single one of the hints in the book and report back to you.  So in a sense, I’ll be getting my old timey housewifery on!

No comments:

Post a Comment