Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm Rick James, Bitch and Fish Lasagna



I’m Elvis style TCB today.  So far, I’ve raked the back yard and cleaned up the gardens for Spring planting.  I also purchased some tile for a plan I have to fix a dog attacked area under the back door.  After lunch, I’ll get started on the tile stuff.  I just got back from the grocery store which is a bad idea when hungry.  I ended up with a totinos pizza and the stuff to make an apple crisp.  I went in for apples and buttermilk.  I blame Rick James for this.  He was part of my raking playlist earlier.  The result was extra backyard dancing with an end result of the job taking longer than necessary.  Plus, I had to put a ton of glitter in my hair that probably won’t come out until after President’s Day.  If this video doesn’t make you laugh, check your pulse because you are probably dead.



I know this sounds like a weird recipe, but it is really delicious.  I’m trying to find ways to get Tiffany to eat more fish.  She claimed this lasagna was too fishy, but she isn’t a fan of seafood in general.  I thought it was quite good.


Alaskan Halibut Lasagna (I actually used white fish)

Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1  ½ pounds halibut steaks, bones removed and cut into 1-inch cubes (I used white fish)
¾ teaspoon dried thyme
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (I usually just soak the noodles in hot water prior to layering the lasagna.)
1½ cups chicken broth
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded swiss cheese
Minced fresh parsley, optional

Preparation
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.  Add halibut or fish of choice and thyme.  Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.  Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.  Remove and set aside.

Add the remaining butter to the skillet.  Stir in flour and salt until smooth; cook and stir until golden brown.  Gradually add broth and cream.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

In a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer half of the noodles, fish, white sauce and cheese.  Repeat layers.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until bubbly.  Let stand 15 minutes before serving.  Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment