Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cleaning versus Beer Drinking



I've had a busy morning.  I’ve already gone to the grocery store, did billing and gathered supplies for my camps, changed the sheets and cleaned the bird cages.  I decided to take a break and have some lunch.  I’m embracing my new healthy lifestyle…which means that I’m still not drinking diet cokes.  I’m on about six weeks of no diet cokes.  So, in keeping true to my new healthy ways, I had a Totinos pizza and beer for lunch.  Taking my lunch break made me think that I really didn’t want to clean today because I have more beer and a couple of things left to do in Skyrim.  An important part of housewifery is the art of the illusion.  If you don’t feel like cleaning, it is imperative that you redirect your spouse’s attention to a delicious meal.  Done right, this can completely mask the filth that you failed to clean that day.  Here’s a recipe for a super easy breakfast sandwich.  Delicious doesn’t have to mean time consuming.  After all, there is beer to be consumed.

Bacon, Egg, Sharp Cheddar Bagel Sandwich


Ingredients
Bagel thin, toasted
1 egg, cooked over hard
Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Two slices of bacon, cooked
Mayonnaise

Preparation
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once it is crisp, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain.

Heat the skillet over medium heat then crack an egg into the pan. Poke the yolk to break up then season the egg with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Once the white has set, flip the egg with a spatula, add the cheese to the top of the egg, and cook for 30 seconds.

Toast the bagel and spread with mayonnaise. Add the egg to a bagel half, top with bacon, then add the remaining bagel half. Serve immediately. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment