Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hunger Pains and Easy Fish Tacos


I was just feeling really weird.  I figured I was coming down with something and then I realized the sensation I was feeling was hunger.  I’m never hungry because I’m never not eating.  I sometimes actually eat in preparation for a meal.  It is really astounding that not only did I forget to eat, but hungry pains were such a rarity that I mistook them for strep throat or something.  This entire incident has put me in the mindset of spending the rest of the day on the couch, eating and watching Driving Miss Daisy over and over again.  In between, though I might crank up some Cinderella, clean the kitchen and contemplate the meaning of life.  I’ll clean the kitchen because that is the place where the food lives and things should be tidy for the food.   Here’s some Cinderella for you, too.  I also included the recipe for some fish tacos I made the other night.





Easy Fish Tacos

Ingredients
1 garlic clove, minced
Sea salt
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons or so of Emeril’s Southwest Essence
2 limes, cut in wedges
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
4 haddock loins
Package of cole slaw mix
White corn tortillas
Shredded Mexican-blend cheese


Preparation
Mash garlic and salt into a fine paste (I used mortar and pestle, but you can also just use your cutting board).  Stir in parsley, Emeril’s Southwest Essence, lime juice and olive oil.  Cut two slashes in each fish fillet.  Rub  half your mixture all over the fish (that sounds dirty).

Heat your grill to medium-high heat.  Place fish on the grill about 4 minutes per side, flip only once.  If there is skin on your fish remove the skin once the fish is done. In a bowl, flake the fish into large pieces and rub in the remaining spice mixture adding an additional few squeezes of lime juice.

Toast tortillas on the grill to soften.  Add fish, cole slaw and cheese to tortilla.  Serve with a lime wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment