Friday, December 31, 2010

Flushing 2010 Down the Toilet


You know it is going to be a good day when the neighbors have a lengthy visit from a plumber.  Not that I wish a stopped up toilet or backed up main line on anyone (well almost anyone), but if it benefits me in something meaningful to observe from my porch, then I view it as a small victory.  And, as luck would also have it, I had a six pack of Blue Moon in the fridge, as well as an orange!  I quickly transferred my beers to a cooler and headed for the front porch!  Nothing could dash my spirits, not even the absence of a much hoped for backhoe.  Yep it was a good day…life is really good.  Speaking of sewage, I could think 2010 was mostly full of shit.  But maybe just maybe at some point I will look back and think it was the best of years, but for now goodbye 2010.  I am making room for 2011, and I’m going to make every day feel just like a 70 degree day on the porch with a six pack of beer and a neighbor’s plumbing drama to keep me company.  


Oh, and as promised, here is a picture of the Jambalaya.  It smells super good.  Tonight will be good time fun with some friends.  We will eat this Jambalaya, drink lots and lots and hopefully not stop up my toilet as we ring in the New Year with the gastrointestinal carnage that Jambalaya done right can cause.  Because pay backs are hell and my neighbor has a porch, too.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about the Blue Moon and orange, you are doing your part to prevent scurvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! You can never be too careful you. Prevention is key.

    ReplyDelete