Monday, July 11, 2011

200 Days


I’ve “officially” been blogging now for 200 days straight…well not straight, but in a row.  I feel good about sticking with my goal/resolution.  I even gave myself a blogging merit badge. A lot has happened in those 200 days.  I’ve cooked, cleaned, got a part-time job and actually began feeling happy with my new routine. It hurts to get laid off from a job you worked really hard at for 8 years (this month would have marked 9 years), but oddly it seems like the best thing now.  I learned lots there and I think I changed many things for the better…one thing I know for certain, I was the kind of boss that you could count on to be there and work hard.  I didn’t ask people to do anything I wouldn’t do myself.  I guess not so much a treasured trait with the powers that be, but I think it was certainly respected by people who worked for me…and really those are the ones who matter anyway.  These situations help you find out who your real friends are and enable you to really examine and learn from the ways you could be different.  I’m happy with these 200 days and I’m especially happy to be able to share them with you.  Turns out, I’m not such a bad unexpected housewife. I’ll keep writing and I hope you’ll keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment