Thursday, July 14, 2011

Better To At Least Try

I don’t know who said it is better to try and fail than never try at all, but I do know Yoda said, “Do or do not.  There is no try.”  I like both quotes.  I don’t want to end up regretting having an idea about something and not at least trying to make it happen.  Often it really stinks to put yourself out there like that and make little or no progress, but I think it actually stinks at that moment…it isn’t a long term lingering stench like cooking cabbage.  You can look back on things and feel good that you at least attempted something.  All this, of course, is about my desire to form a metal head river dance troupe.  I think it is time the Irish dancing sensation converged or rather head banged with death metal.  The speed at which the lower body would be required to move would be mind boggling.  Plus the potential of spin off in-home exercise DVDs and a toy action figure line would be HUGE.  I just need that one person to really believe in this concept and I need that one person to have a load of expendable cash.  I don’t think that is such a tall order…I mean it is just one person with one big bank account.  I keep telling myself that I will not let the looks on people’s faces; when I give them a few sample moves from metal head river dance (MHR) in meetings, dissuade me.  I will keep plugging away and just plant the seeds of my idea.  I will let the rejection roll of my back and know that either this will grow and flourish or it wasn’t meant to be and I’ll be proud of myself for at least making a go of it.  So, I’ll close with my index finger and pinky finger pointing upward as well as my tongue sticking out in the international sign of a metal head and say, “ROCK ON, DUDE.”


No comments:

Post a Comment