Sunday, August 12, 2012

Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip and Hormonal Parrots


The birds, Murphy and Melvin are currently hormonal.  Birds go through this phase once a year.  They become completely sex starved and are consumed with the thought of mating.  Their horny state makes them really angry.  Right now, the bird room reminds me of a Mexican soap opera with the constant screaming and high drama.  One morning, when I worked full time, I had an early board meeting to attend.  The birds were in this hormonal state at the time and I let them out of their cages while I showered for work.  When I got out, I walked by the cage and made a kissing sound at Melvin.  He flew at my face and bit my lip.  It was hilariously scary.  It was almost like getting your face pulled off by an angry monkey, only my face was fine and Melvin is a Dusky Pionus Parrot.  Anyway, I attended that meeting with a fat lip and bird bite wound that sort of resembled a herpetic fever blister.  Ever since then, I keep my distance when the birds are in this state. 



I like to try different variations of dip recipes.  I just made this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe.  It was quite good.  As much as I wanted Fritos Scoops with the dip, I was good and used cucumber slices instead. 


Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip


Ingredients
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
½ cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
½ cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 can (12.5 oz each) White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in water, drained or cut up half of a rotisserie chicken



Preparation
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl, cut up cream cheese and stir until smooth.  Mix in salad dressing, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and cheese.  Stir in chicken.  Put in baking dish and bake for 20 or 30 minutes until mixture is heated through; stir.  Garnish with crackers, vegetables or chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment