Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stupid People Are So Stupid


I’m tired of dealing with stupid people.  I realize that will never change because you really can’t avoid them at all.  They are everywhere and multiplying.  I think everyone is really focused on the zombie apocalypse when we have a stupid people apocalypse going on right here, right now.  I think, too that it isn’t just a stupid people apocalypse, but also an inconsiderate, unprofessional and dishonest people apocalypse.  I like to see the good in people and give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes you just want to smack them right in the face.  I think, instead of violence, I’ll just look to a change in the areas where I most encounter these mini apocalypses or is it apocaylie.  It will just make my life a little better before the actual end of the world on December 21…thanks a lot, Mayans.



Doomsday Stew

Ingredients
1 large dried ancho chile, stemmed, seeded and torn into pieces
½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
¾ cup boiling water
½ medium onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can black bean soup (18 to 19 ounces)
1 can white hominy, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice


Preparation
Place the dried chile and hot pepper flakes into a blender along with the boiling water.  Wait 10 minutes and then add the onion, garlic and cumin and blend until smooth.

Place the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.  Once oil begins to shimmer, carefully add the puree, as it will splatter, and cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes.

Stir in the black bean soup and the hominy to the chile mixture and cook for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment