Thursday, August 16, 2012

The 35th Anniversary of Elvis Presley's Death

Source

Source


Today is the 35th anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death.  I wrote about the 34th anniversary last year (click here to read).  You can pretty much bet that each year I will remember Elvis on this day so just deal with it.  I’m spending the day cleaning, swiveling my hips and listening to my Elvis radio station on Pandora.  I think that is what he would have wanted.  I’m also eating a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch.  


Elvis’ Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich


Ingredients
1 small ripe banana
2 slices white bread
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter

Preparation
In a small bowl, mash the banana with the back of a spoon.  Toast the bread lightly.  Spread the peanut butter on one piece of toast and the mashed banana on the other.  Fry the sandwich in melted butter until each side is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment