Monday, February 7, 2011

My Poor Pillow and Taco Bell

I found something stronger than Super Glue…dried queso on the countertop.  Sweet mother I got a complete biceps and triceps workout just scrubbing the counters this morning.  While I was doing that, a full on pillow rape occurred in the living room.  I walked in on the assault just before the climatic end.  I’m just so disappointed and shocked.  I have no doubt the pillow was just sitting there minding its own business when it was attacked.  So disturbing.

The recent lawsuit filed against Taco Bell claiming their meat mixture contains less that 35% beef got my worried about a couple of things.  First of all, I’m pretty sure anything you can get from a drive-thru at 3:00am isn’t likely 100% beef.  Next, when you are completely intoxicated in the back seat of sedan after seven hours of drinking, less than 35% beef tastes pretty darn good.  Thirdly, did the fact that it is called a meat mixture never send up red flags to diners before? And lastly, when I grew up Taco Bell presented itself as the “Fresh Food Place.”  Do you remember that?  Does that mean I’m in for another shocker that Taco Bell doesn’t grow and slice fresh tomatoes each day?  That they don’t have their own dairy cows and grate fresh cheese made from the milk of said cows every morning at each Taco Bell franchise?  I mean we know now that only 35% of those dairy cows actually even make it into the meat mixture.   So surely the other 65% of the cows are squirting out that fresh cheese for our tacos and chalupas daily.  My world is completely turned upside down now.  I can’t make heads or tails of this revelation about the meat mixture.  I’m going back to bed until this all just goes away.


  1. That commercial is GREAT!!! You know, a lot of the "meat fillers" are just soy & other products probably a lot healthier than the Grade D meat they use. Makes you think...

    And, shame on Harpo! At least you caught it in time... :)

  2. That video makes me think of Taco Casa commercials nowadays. If you live in Alabama, you'll know what I mean.

  3. The Harpo story and wanted poster had me laughing extremely loudly! ;) The Taco Bell commercial, on the other hand, is going to give me nightmares! I'll wake up sweating and having flashbacks of the scratchy brown uniform I had to wear when I worked there in high school. I try not to think about what the meat mixture looks like before it's thrown in the big metal tub and browned. ahhhh

  4. Jen - you know strange as it seems Taco Bell does have some "healthy options" on their menu...although I don't think the Spicy Big Beefy Burrito falls in that category. :)

    Poor Taco Caso...just behind the curve

    OMG! Shereen I totally forgot you worked there. I must have blocked that out. How funny!