Monday, September 26, 2011

Jacked Up Teeth and Blackberry Cobbler


I noticed today that Shane MacGowan from the Pogues has some seriously jacked up teeth.  I noticed his mouth looks almost exactly like a camel’s mouth.  One thing I never want my mouth to look like is a camel’s mouth.  My parent’s spent too much on braces for that kind of insanity.  In fact, I think I’ll go brush my teeth now because I likely still have some blackberry shrapnel lodged in my teeth.  The Pioneer Woman is the shit and this cobbler recipe does not disappoint.



Blackberry Cobber (http://thepioneerwoman.com)

Ingredients
1 stick butter
1-1/4 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries (frozen or fresh)

Preparation
Melt butter in a microwave dish.   Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk.  Mix well.    Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together.  Butter a baking dish.  Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries.  Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish.  Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly.  Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly.  If you desire, sprinkle and additional teaspoon of sugar over cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.




No comments:

Post a Comment