Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dusting and Drinking - Jamaican Dust Cocktail



I seriously hate dusting.  I would rather clean stadium toilets.  Well, not really, but you get the idea.  I know it needs to be done, but I put it off until I start noticing a layer of dust on the furniture and then I screw up and try to draw something in that layer.  After you do that you have no choice, you gotta dust.  It never takes long to get that layer because the dogs and the birds are doing everything possible to create as much dust as possible.  They excel at this task…especially the birds.  The thing about the dusting that is so annoying is usually when I finish the task and sit down, I notice pet hairs and dust particles gliding by my face on their way to land on the surfaces I just dusted.  It is a vicious cycle. 

I use a swiffer duster.  The nice thing about the swiffer duster is it “traps dust and dirt.” The trapping feature enables me to have a cocktail while dusting.  This does bring some solace to an otherwise mundane task.  This is my usual dusting cocktail.  It is important that when dusting and drinking this cocktail you have reggae music playing.  If you have dreadlocks, you can actually dust by “whipping your hair back and forth.”* 

*Disclaimer - It is not wise to dust the ceiling fan in the whipping your hair back and forth manner.  It does not end well.  Trust me.



Jamaican Dust Recipe (www.drinksmixer.com)

Ingredients
1 oz light rum
½ oz Malibu coconut rum
½ oz pineapple juice

Preparation
Mix all three ingredients in a strainer with ice, strain into chilled cocktail glass and serve.

2 comments: