Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hot As Shit Chipotle and Biscuit Monkey Bread


I love Star Wars and all things Star Wars related...well, mostly.  I have no time for Jar Jar Binks and I make myself tolerate the Ewoks.  Anyway, I found these two things last night.




On Wednesday, I made Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup.  I learned something about chipotles in adobo sauce…if not prepared properly, they are freaking hot.  The recipe called for 2 to 4 chipotles in adobo depending on how hot you like it.  I like things hot, I put in three.  I pulled them out of the can, chopped them up and threw them in the soup.  It should have been something of a clue to me when all the dogs starting sneezing.  Then I started sneezing and so did Tiffany.  The air was thick with chipotle and I didn’t even realize it.  Once the vegetables and chipotle were done simmering and I put them in the food processor, the sneezing escalated and the eye-watering began.  Still no clue…I was happily making my soup and sipping my cocktail.  Once it was finished, I took Tiffany a bowl.  I then went back to the kitchen to get me a bowl.  While in the kitchen, I heard some coughing and the sounds of pain.  I ran back in the living room.  Tiffany’s face was red and she was staring wide-eyed at her soup bowl.  “What?” I said.  She replied, “This shit is hot!”  I went and got my bowl and tried it.  It was like I put the juice of 700 habanero peppers in my mouth.  There was absolutely no hint of the sweet potato, nutmeg or cinnamon in the soup, it was just straight up chipotle brew.  Turns out, I didn’t cut the peppers correctly.  I had never used them in the can like that…now I know.  Chipotle Usage 101 course = complete.

I made this recipe for breakfast.  It was so so good.  Word of warning:  when you make this you’ll need to go back to bed and take a mid-morning nap.  Enjoy!

Grands!® Cinnamon Pull-Apart Coffee Cake (http://www.bettycrocker.com)
Ingredients
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup butter or margarine, melted

Preparation
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray.  In large food-storage plastic bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.  Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters.  Shake in bag to coat.  Arrange in pan.  In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.  Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.  Cool in pan 10 minutes.  Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve.  Serve warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment