Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hot Sandwiches and Hilarious Retro Ads


Earlier on CBS Sunday Morning, I saw a segment about the Earl of Sandwich.  The 4th Earl of Sandwich, John Montagu invented the sandwich.  I give him mad props because I’m a sandwich fan.  Finally, the descents of John Montagu got wise and the 11th Earl of Sandwich became committed to the sandwich restaurant business.  The family is making world famous hot sandwiches and they look super good.  I will obsess about these sandwiches.  Click here to look at their website.

As I mentioned yesterday, we’ll be having Thanksgiving today.  As the turkey cooks, I’ve been entertaining myself looking at retro advertisements.  These ads are unintentionally hilarious and disturbing.  I have a feeling you’ll enjoy them as much as I did.

Well...this isn't suggestive of something else at all.

Somehow I think she might be jacking up the coffee on purpose.

This kid just creeps me out...plus it looks like pureed human entrails are being spread on that bread.

Now that's a meaningful advertising campaign!

Nothing like a tasty prison special dressing!

I bet Bill would share his wiener with you kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment