Thursday, January 19, 2012

Breakfast Ham Braid and The Principal’s Office



Odd photos are always a good blog opener!

Working with kids (even in my unexpected housewife part-time manner) can be a real challenge.  It does keep you young and there is a lot of joy in being around kids, but you also have to be just slightly insane.  If you didn’t have the insanity cloak of protection, you’d end up in a corner, in the fetal position, chewing your toenails (I just tried to research the % of adults who bite their toenails.  That information is surprisingly difficult to find.  So difficult, in fact, I didn’t find it).  At any rate, sometimes you just have some really bad kid issues to deal with and today was that day for me.  I had to meet with the principal of the school to discuss a kid issue. 

Going to the principal’s office reminded me of my childhood terror of that location.  It wasn’t like I didn’t get sent there a few times, usually for something sarcastic or stupid.  That happened later though.  The time around K-3 grade…I had nightmares about my life ending, if I got sent to the principal’s office.  I knew, at best, I’d get a spanking- the kind of spanking where you have to go to the woods and pick your own switch.  At worst, I figured it was death.  I had no idea what might happen in that office.  I did imagine it involved alchemy and fire, but I could only venture to guess of the other horrors that awaited me in that room.  This fear plus my absolutely awkward shyness, keep me from ever entering the office until at least 5th grade.  Then once the seal was broken, I found myself in the presence of the principal a few too many times.

Hey…check out this recipe!  It is not only really pretty and braided it also includes Crescent Rolls!!!


Breakfast Ham Braid



Ingredients
½ cup milk
4 ounces garden vegetable cream cheese, softened
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 package Hormel Black Label breakfast ham, cut into strips
1 cup shredded co-Jack cheese
2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough

Directions
Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.

In bowl, beat together milk and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs.

In lightly oiled skillet, cook egg mixture over medium heat until set but still moist. Stir in ham and cheese.

Unroll 1 package dough, without separating, onto baking sheet; seal perforations. Place rolls from remaining package along edges of two long sides of rectangle (4 per side), overlapping first layer of rolls, with pointed ends facing outward. Spoon egg mixture down center of dough. Bring corners of rolls together to form "braid."

Bake filled dough 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is warm and rolls are golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment