Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fried Green Beans and Blackberry Crush Cocktail



I fired up my Cool Daddy Fryer again last night. I made fried green beans.  I really think I might, for fun, just start seeing what all can actually be fried.  I realize I’m not the first nor will I be the last person to try this, but you just never know what you may discover.  Plus, throwing things in super hot grease is just good clean, safe fun…especially while you’re mixing cocktails!  I gotta say, the green beans were delicious.  Here’s the recipe plus I included a tasty cocktail to mix up for your frying fun.


Fried Green Beans

Ingredients
1 pound of fresh green beans (ends snapped off – btw snapping green beans always reminds me of the scene in Driving Miss Daisy where Idella (Esther Rolle a.k.a. Florida Evans) falls over dead while watching her stories)
Seafood Breader (I used house Autry)
One large egg
1 Tbs milk
Salt and Pepper

Preparation
In a bowl mix egg, milk and salt and pepper.  In another bowl pour seafood breader.  Dip green beans in egg mixture and then mix in breader.  Then place green beans back in egg mixture and mix in breader again.  Double breading is very important.  Heat oil to 375 degrees and then cook green beans for 3 to 5 minutes.  Using ranch as dipping sauce.


Blackberry Crush

Ingredients
4 blackberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon simple syrup (equal mix of sugar and water)
1 ¼ ounces vodka
Seltzer
Ice
Mint sprig

Preparation
In a glass, combine blackberries, lemon juice and simple syrup; lightly crush berries to release their juice.  Add ice and vodka and top with seltzer.  Stir to combine.  Garnish with a mint sprig.

No comments:

Post a Comment