Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rain Imprisoned Children and Pinterest Donuts


You know what I’m excited about?  Being trapped in a gym with 35 kids!  While I’m really happy that we’ve had four unseasonably warm days in a row to play on the playground, the rain is getting on my nerves.  I’m happy for my plants and garden that we’ve had so much rain this winter, but I’d really appreciate it if the rain would only be at night and it completely clear up and be beautiful and warm by 2:00pm every day before I go to work.  Kthanks.  I do have some wooden kits for the kids to build and paint today (anticipating lots of drama, frustration, paint ending up in my hair and screams of “I can’t do this!”) which should keep them busy, but the playground will be sorely missed.

You know what else I’m excited about?  Shaping biscuits into donuts and frying them in my Cool Daddy.  As I mentioned, I intend to see what all I can fry in there.  I found this, so very not good for you recipe, on Pinterest.  I love Pinterest.  In fact, saying I love Pinterest makes me want to go pin something about love right now.  Pinned.  I digress, I will make these donuts on Saturday.  I might, like when I was a kid, watch some Saturday cartoons, too.  Or I might just watch my usual Flip This House on A&E and pretend the show is actually a cartoon.  I’m leaving that plan to chance, but the donuts are happening. Here’s the recipe.  Try the donuts. 




Canned Biscuit Cinnamon Sugar Donuts


Ingredients
Canned Biscuits (NOT the flakey layer kind)
4 Tbs melted butter per 8 biscuts
Sugar
Cinnamon
Vegetable Oil


Preparation
Melt butter and place in a shallow bowl.  Combine sugar and cinnamon and place in another shallow bowl.  Heat up vegetable oil (around 350 degrees).  While oil is heating up, cut holes in the donuts with some circular object (I will use an empty 35mm film can).  Place donuts in oil. When one side is golden brown, flip with tongs.  When that side is golden, remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined pan or plate.  When the donuts have cooled enough to handle…using your fingers, dip one side in the melted butter, let the excess drip off, dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture.  Get it nice and coated.  Flip over and repeat the other side.  Serve with coffee and remote control.  Prepare for mid-morning nap after eating donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment