Monday, July 9, 2012

Being a Weeble Wobble and Low Carbing

Source


As I start my week off from teaching camps, I have three goals for today: 

  • 1.       Lots of Laundry
  • 2.      Bathe the Dogs
  • 3.      Lounge in the Pool


I’ll get to these goals after my coffee.  It takes lots of coffee to get yourself mentally prepared to wash four crazy dogs.  I made the stuffed peppers I blogged about on Saturday (click here). They were delicious and easy.  I opted to use red peppers from my garden instead of green peppers.   I’ll make this again for sure!  I also found this recipe from the same website (click here).  I’m currently doing a low carb diet, if you couldn’t tell.  I am losing weight and I do feel better.  I’m also going to the gym and walking A LOT.  I just got tired of looking like a Weeble Wobble.  Making these nachos actually sort of seemed like I was eating chips (carbs).  I may not poop for 20 days, but this meal was worth it.  

Delicious Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

Low Carb Nachos


2 comments:

  1. I'm low carbing, too, and have been craving nachos. So not only do I share your "may not poop for 20 days" pain, but I'm going to be swiping this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck with the low carbing, Katie. I'm on day 16 and have yet to kill anyone. I'm also over the carb withdrawals. Obviously, the nachos aren't all that healthy, but they are within our diet restrictions. The "chips" are also crisp enough to use in dips. I normally use cucumber, but this was a nice change for dipping. I'll try to include more low carb recipes since I owe you for all your useful housewife how to tips!

      Delete