Thursday, July 12, 2012

What I'm Reading and Low Carb Pizza!!!


We went to Kohl’s yesterday.  Kohl’s always has some sort of sale going on and we usually get caught in that trap of going in for one thing and coming out with a cart-full of stuff.


I told Tiffany before we went inside that we did not need any more quilts.  She is a certified quilt hoarder.  It is quite possibly her only fault and it is out of control.  We were going to look at sheets, but absolutely no quilts.  Then I saw an amazing quilt on sale and rescinded my no new quilts rule.  It took her approximately 1.2 seconds to grab the quilt and put it in our cart.  Keep in mind, we did not start out with a cart, but 22 seconds into our shopping I had to go to the front of the store and get a cart.  The quilt was 60% off.  I also found some 700 thread count sheets on clearance.  700 THREAD COUNT!!!  That is like sleeping on a cloud in heaven.   Once we got home, I wanted to rearrange the bedroom so the sheets and quilt could be displayed in a museum-quality way.  Here’s the new quilt and sheets…plus the amount of times it took me to get a picture of just the bed.




This picture is especially disturbing because of Harpo's eyes and the presence of orbs.  Our bedroom is haunted...I just know it.


The dogs just think everything is theirs!

I love reading.  I have trouble trusting people who don’t read as well as people who like clowns.   I always have a stack of books to read.  Tiffany hoards quilts and I hoard books.  I’m currently reading Jackie, Ethel and Joan Women of Camelot by J. Randy Taraborrelli.  After I finish that book, I’ll start The Rook by Daniel O’Malley and then move on to Defending Jacob by William Landay.  Is there anything better than having your housework finished and a good book and hammock waiting for you?

You really need to check yourself before you wreck yourself and look at this freaking recipe!  I made this last night and holy shit it was good!!  I’m really enjoying these low carb recipes and this was maybe my favorite to date.  It is a chance to eat your vegetables and feel like you are cheating.  Who doesn’t like pizza?  For this one, I gathered what I had available, but I think the next pizza might be veggie.  The only thing you really need to follow is how to make the pizza crust…the rest is just whatever you like on top of your pizza. Less than 10g carbs for two pieces.  Check it!!

Low Carb Pizza

Ingredients
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp crushed garlic
½ tsp garlic salt
Olive oil
Pizza sauce
Your choice of toppings

Preparation
To "Rice" the Cauliflower:

Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.



One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower.  The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.




To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella.  Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir.  Transfer to the cookie sheet and using your hands, pat out into a 9” round.  Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven.  To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese.  Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Enjoy!

Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.


Recipe Source

Click Here to Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment