Sunday, July 1, 2012

Coconut Melon Rum Martini



This was what was in my fortune cookie yesterday.  I feel certain this finally means I will hit the big time and possibly be asked to compete in the upcoming Olympics.  Other than not being able to do any gymnastics at all (click here for more information), I think gymnastics will be my great sports opportunity.



Along with the inflatable pool filled and ready to go, I’ve also have these things…



A pecan crusted cheesecake (I used Jell-O instant cheesecake mix and instead of graham-cracker crust, I just ground a bag of pecans to make the crust.  There is just something about an instant Jell-O cheesecake that I will never outgrow or get too hoity toity about.) and sugar-free Strawberry-Banana Jell-O shots in the fridge.


Fire crackers!!



I also have brats at the ready and friends bringing noodle salads and beans.  If this isn’t the way to kick off the 4th of July week…I’m not sure what is.  My house is also clean!  I’m one happy housewife who fully intends to relax and enjoy this day.  Perhaps, I’ll have one of these in my hand, too.



Coconut Melon Rum Martini


Ingredients
3 ounces Malibu Rum
1 ounce white rum
2 ounces Midori
4 ounces Pineapple juice
Zest of ½ lemon

Preparation
Fill shaker with ice and add rums, Midori and pineapple juice.  Shake vigorously and pour in 2 cold martini glasses.  Twist 1 lemon zest into each glass.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, enlist Tiffany and go for synchronized swimming......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now, that is a brilliant idea. We actually already have a synchronized swimming routine for the inflatable pool!

      Delete