Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mommie Dearest Shrimp Boil




Tonight we’ll be celebrating my birthday (I like to celebrate the entire month).  We are doing a shrimp boil.  If you want to make an amazing dinner that doesn’t cost that much to feed a group, give the recipe below a try.  After dinner, we are going to watch Mommie Dearest on my outdoor movie projector.  In preparation for the party, I planted a rose garden.  If we feel compelled, while viewing the movie, we make hack down the new rose bushes.  Ideally, we should make rare New York strips, but we wanted shrimp more.  I also got rid of all the wire hangers in my house.  I’m betting all of us will say, “NO WIRE HANGERS, EVER!” at least 643 times tonight.  I’m also thinking about inflating our family fun pool so we can all compete with each other for the fastest laps around the pool…obviously, we’d all wear swim caps.  I also have put some Comet out on the patio, my guests will need to scrub the floor and then I will scream at them and said they didn’t clean it enough. All these things considered, the most important part of having a shrimp Mommie Dearest boil, are having some really great friends to join in on the fun.  I have no doubt we will have a blast and “TINA! Bring me the axe!”




Shrimp Boil

Ingredients
Water
Red potatoes (2 potatoes per person)
Mushrooms (large package)
Onions (2 large)
Andouille sausage (1 to 2 pounds)
Frozen corn on the cob (2 to 3 per person)
Frozen raw jumbo shrimp (1/2 pound per person)
2 lemons
Package of Zatarain’s complete crab, crawfish and shrimp boil
Old Bay Seasoning
Bottle of beer

Preparation
I use a 30 quart turkey fryer with strainer for my boil.  Fill ¾ full of water and bring to a boil.  Add bottle of beer, lemons (cut in half) and Zatarain’s complete shrimp boil package to water.  Slice potatoes in half, cut up onion, sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning toss in water and boil for 8 minutes.  Add Andouille sausage and boil for 5 minutes.  Sprinkle corn with Old Bay Seasoning, add to water and boil for 7 minutes.  Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning on shrimp and mushrooms.  Add to water.  Turn off heat and let the shrimp and mushrooms cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp is pink.  Spread newspapers on your table, strain boil and then pour on newspaper.  Guests just pick a place to sit and start eating. 


Click Here to Print Recipe!

1 comment:

  1. very beautiful writing in this blog.i like this blog very much.For more detail about stretch projector screen see this link http://www.stretch-projector-screens.com.au/contact-us/

    ReplyDelete