Saturday, May 21, 2011

The End of Days

Nothing like the threat of the Rapture to really spice up a Crawfish Boil!  Guests at our party tonight will have a nice unobscured view of the sky as well as a delicious meal of crawfish, dirty rice and hurricane cocktails.  The beauty of the unobscured view is that we live in a mostly gay neighborhood…which means similar parties will be going on within walking distance.  We are hoping for a homo Rapture party crawl.  Should be an interesting evening.  Naturally, I found some Rapture pics to also spice up today’s blog entry.





I ordered the Crawfish from Louisiana Crawfish Company.  They Fed Ex live crawfish right to your door.  Plus you get bibs and beads!  It was very exciting to receive the delivery this morning.  I keep going to the garage and talking to the crawfish.  I really want to let them out of their bag to walk around a bit.  I figure that might get me in a bit of trouble with my partner, but surely I can quickly wrangle 40 pounds worth of crawfish back in the big sack before she notices.  I also bought booze.  Lots of booze.  It would be wrong to not drink hurricanes while eating crawfish.  It would also be wrong to not go ahead and mix the hurricanes and sample before guests arrive in 7 hours.  Here’s the recipe.  Enjoy!!!


Ingredients
1 oz vodka
¼ oz grenadine
1 oz gin
1 oz light rum
½ oz Bacardi 151 rum
1 oz triple sec
Grapefruit juice
Pineapple juice

Preparation
Fill a hurricane glass (or plastic cup har har) with ¾ ice.  Pour all alcohols in first, then follow with equal parts of grapefruit and pineapple juice.  Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment