Thursday, May 5, 2011

Vacation to Funky Town and The Best Margarita Recipe

One of my favorite childhood memories was a family vacation we took to Funky Town.  My parents rented a Double Dutch Bus for the journey.  The bus was pretty small and the ride really bumpy.  We even, at one point, had a flat tire that my dad quickly fixed.  We were so excited that when we all piled back in the van we exclaimed, “ain’t no stopping us now!”  We decided, since the ride was so bumpy, that we would name the van.  We called it the Boogie Oogie Oogie.  Because I love the nightlife, the evenings were my favorite part of the trip…my parents even said I had night fever.  My sister, who always really liked her sleep, told me I was just a super freak. 

In fact, it was a shame, but one night I snuck out and went exploring around the RV park.  Unbeknownst to me, there were several shady characters who were staying in the park.  Normally, they would have been staying at the YMCA, but not this night.  I remember it being really hot. Hot like a disco inferno.  When one of the shady characters approached me and said, “Hey hot stuff,”  I thought he was referring to the temperature.  I was young and naïve and had no idea that they meant me harm.  Before I even knew what was happening they had encircled me and were closing in…this was not a good situation. 

Suddenly, the skies opened up and it starting raining men.  These were good men and they were here to help me.  I had no idea I was born to be alive and I knew at that moment that I was staying alive.  "I will survive," I screamed.  One of the good guys went after the leader of the Village People gang of thugs. He had a board and smacked the thug right in the forehead…the sound was like a knock on wood.  The leader, I later found out his name was Le Freak, fell to the ground.  At this time, my parents ran over.  They said they were upset that I had rocked the boat, but they weren’t mad and loved me because we are family.  The next day, we had a dance party.  The guy spinning the tunes was the same guy we had knocked out Le Freak.  I looked at my sister and said; “last night a D.J. saved my life.”  A few hours later, we packed up and ran the boogie oogie oogie through the car wash and resumed our trip to Funky Town. 


Premium Margarita (http://www.cocktail-guru.com)

Ingredients
2 oz Patron Tequila
1 oz Cointreau
Juice of one lime
8 or so ice cubes

Preparation
Pour alcohol in shaker, add ice cubes and then add lime juice.  Shake it hard (that sounds dirty) at least 12 times.  Salt the rim of a glass, add some ice and strain cocktail into glass.  Place a lime wheel on the rim of the glass.  Drink it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment