Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Emmentaler Cheese Time Machine


I apologize for today’s blog post.  I ran out of time to really post much of anything.  I went to the grocery store to get some Gruyere, Emmentaler and Fontina cheeses for some mac and cheese I want to make later this week.  When I picked up the Emmentaler, I suddenly felt dizzy and everything went dark.  When I opened my eyes I was someone transported back in time ancient Rome.  I was still holding the cheese and frankly was not dressed properly for ancient times.  I still had on my shorts and t-shirt instead of the standard over-the-shoulder toga of the time.   Naturally, I was a bit surprised and in my surprised state I dropped the cheese.  Suddenly, it all went dark again and I was dizzy.  Next thing I knew, I was back in the grocery store.  Turns out certain cuts of Emmentaler cheese are actually portholes through time.  This explains why this type of cheese has holes in it.  I plan to explore this more later, but I really had to get home, put up the groceries and get ready for work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment