Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Strawberry Banana Pie - WTF and WOW Recipe Wednesday

Source
YES!!!!


I was out mowing the yard earlier and my neighbor told me their dog, Mr. Kaiser, died.  I know how important my animals are to me so I really understand the pain associated with the loss of a pet.  I decided a pie might be a thoughtful way to let them know they are in my thoughts.  This pie is an excellent warmer weather choice, you can keep it for up to a month and it is delicious. 


Strawberry Banana Pie

Ingredients
1 package (5 ¼ ounces) ice cream sugar cones, crushed
¼ cup ground pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 large firm bananas cut into ¼ inch slices
2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Preparation
In a large bowl, combine the crushed ice cream cones, pecans and butter.  Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10 inch pie plate.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  In another large bowl, combine vanilla ice cream and mashed bananas.  Spread over the crust; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.  Arrange sliced bananas over ice cream; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.  Top with strawberry ice cream; cover and freeze for about 45 minutes.  Hull and halve strawberries; place around edge of pie.  Mound or pipe whipped topping in center of pie.  Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.  Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment