Monday, March 21, 2011

Murphy - The Extra Terrestrial Bird

For the record, you can really find some interesting stuff when you go looking on the internettes.

I clicked on the TV this morning and found E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on HBO.  Naturally, after watching the movie for the 300th time, I am emotionally spent.  I barely have the energy to write today.  I love that damn little alien.  I think the reason why is because he reminds me so much of my adorable bird, Murphy.  Ironically, when first meeting Murphy, most people even have the exact same reaction that Drew Barrymore had when she first met E.T.


Now Murphy can’t bring plants back to life, make me fly around when I’m on my stationary bike or light up his toe so I can find the remote control in the dark.  He won’t ever ask to phone home for a big alien ship to pick him up. Government officials won’t show up in astronaut suits to seal off our house with ridiculously long, yet cool, giant dryer hoses.  No, we just get to hang out, eat peanuts together and watch crazy crap like that unfold on TV.  So sure, he looks like an alien.  Yes, he is completely crazy.  But he’s my sweet little extra-terrestrial bird and I love him.   



No comments:

Post a Comment