Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Token Irishman, Guinness Milkshake and St. Patrick's Day Wish for a Primordial

Nothing makes me want a Primordial Dwarf more than Saint Patrick’s Day!  This holiday was made for these adorably proportionate little buggers.  Now any other day, I’d clearly dress my primordial up as a Marvel Superhero or cowgirl, but today would be a special costuming day!  I’m sure you are thinking leprechaun, but that is just too cliché and quite frankly too Achondroplasia-like for my dwarf.  No today…it would be a Vegas showgirl costume!  I’m talking full feathers, glitter and sequins.  My primordial would, of course, be female, because that’d just be weird if it were a guy.  Naturally, the costume would also include roller-skates, for me and for her.  It just saddens me that another year is going to pass without my own primordial.  Oh additionally, I would let her pinch everyone today.  What a grand time we’d have.  Boo.  Maybe next year will be the year of the primordial, because, eventually dreams do come true.  In the meantime, perhaps you’re interested in some St. Patrick’s Day drinking options other than cheap green beer.
The Token Irishman (from Drago Centro)


Ingredients
2 ounces of Jameson Irish whiskey
3 drops Fee Brothers Mint Bitters
5-6 springs of fresh mint
½ ounce fresh lemon juice
½ ounce simple syrup (1 cup sugar combined with 1 cup water)
Splash of soda water


Preparation
Muddle the mint with the simple syrup.  Add the rest of the ingredients, shake and strain over ice in an old-fashioned glass.  Add splash of soda water and garnish with mint sprig.
  
Guinness Milkshake (from 25 Degrees)

Ingredients
3 jumbo scoops of premium vanilla ice cream
3 ounces chilled Guinness beer
2 ounces chocolate syrup
Preparation
Add the beer and chocolate syrup to the ice cream.  Mix just until blended; the mixture should be very thick. Drizzle inside of a glass with chocolate syrup and pour shake in. 
Both recipes make 1 drink or if you are making it for your primordial it makes 4 drinks.  Enjoy and Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

 

2 comments:

  1. Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh! I just have to try that milk shake... sounds brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pionta Guinness, le do thoil! Hope you enjoy the milkshake!

    ReplyDelete