Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You Say It's My Birthday and Doggy Birthday Cake

Well good gravy, today I'm forty-one
I was born in 1970, the last year Sally Field played a flying nun
Guess who was the same age in 447?  That’s right…Attila the Hun

I used to think this age was old
Like bread you forgot in the pantry with mold
I wonder if Penguins get cold

Remember how Dumbo was afraid of a mouse
Or when that thieving ho Goldilocks broke into the bear’s house
This age is scary, but also just right so being happy is what I will espouse

I’m lucky for a wonderful partner who I adore both asleep and awake
And at this age I know life is really about the fantastic friends you make
Whatever else is really just sweet icing on the cake


Doggy Birthday Cake (from www.bigoven.com)

Ingredients
1/3 cup of ripe mashed bananas
¼ cup of softened butter
1 large egg
1/3 cup of water
1 cup unbleached white flower
1 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup chopped peanuts

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In mixing bowl, beat together mashed banana and butter until creamy.  Add eggs and water.  Beat well.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Beat until smooth.  Add nuts.  Spoon batter evenly into oiled and floured pan.  Bake for about 20 minutes.  Cool on wire rack for about five minutes, remove from pan, replace on rack and cool.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better...you're the best my friend and I'm so glad you're still a part of my life after um....30 years? Yowza!! 3 more months for me! Happy Birthday my friend may the love and peace for you never end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha. Can you believe 30 years! wow. But you know we still rule the playground. I, too, am very happy to still have you in my life. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete